Hiring FT 2pm-10pm which requires working every other weekend!|
STATEMENT OF JOB:
The Med Tech will store, set up, administer and maintain records for all medicines dispensed to residents in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the community under the direct supervision of the Resident Care Director. The Med Tech will promote hospitality and deliver a high level of customer service at all times.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist residents with self-administration of medications according to company protocol and state regulations.
- Maintain records (MARs/MORs) for each resident with regard to medicines ordered, received, and administered.
- Receive and store all medications. Verify type and quantity of medicines ordered and received.
- Receive physicians' orders and implement. For example, fax new prescriptions to pharmacy, document new orders in MAR and notify other Med Techs and Resident Care Director of any new orders.
- Review MARs/MORs from previous shift to ensure that all information is complete and accurate.
- Communicate any resident change of condition to Resident Care Director or supervisor.
- Assist with resident care as available.
- Measure and record vital signs when requested to do so.
- Use the Positive Physical Approach at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Working knowledge of basic resident care procedures used to provide physical and social care to residents.
- Working knowledge of safe work practices and procedures to include fire safety, first aid, universal precautions, appropriate body mechanics, etc.
- Working knowledge of Resident Rights and state regulations.
- Ability to follow written or oral instructions and communicate effectively with residents and staff
- Ability to carry out responsibilities according to company or state guidelines and with limited or no supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and the ability to safely lift or transfer a resident.
- Ability to function as a member of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to attend required in-service training and staff meetings and maintain required certifications according to state regulations.
- Ability to stay beyond scheduled shift in the event of emergency or inclement weather.
- Ability to provide a working contact telephone number at all times
Training and Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent is preferred.
- C.N.A. certification is preferred.
- Six to twelve months experience in related field is preferred.
- Successful completion of any state-mandated training course where such a course exists or completion of the Arbor Company Med Tech Training where there is no state- mandated course.