What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary company - one that's investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
- Maintain a joyful environment for residents with dementia.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all Life Guidance staff by scheduling, assignment, direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and discipline consistent with company policy, and providing support, direction, feedback and training for such staff.
- Develop, create, plan and organize the daily program for the Life Guidance neighborhood including all required programs in the daily calendar of events and ensure its implementation 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- Ensure each Life Guidance staff member has completed New Hire Orientation within required time frame. Ensure each RSA, Med Tech, and LG Nurse has signed the LG Specific Job description to ensure they understand their responsibility to participate in the daily programming requirement
- Lead, direct, and assist staff with understanding Atria's philosophy of care and encourage learning by modeling the proper approaches and communication techniques.
- Supervise and evaluate staff performance (unless designated to others by state regulations).
- Conduct the monthly dementia in-service for all Life Guidance staff and maintain the necessary records to reflect completion of training.
- Delegate program facilitation responsibilities to others as needed.
- Evaluate the program utilizing quality enhancement tools and customer feedback.
- Improve the program through problem solving, program development, and refinement.
- Conduct individual resident history, preferences assessments, and develop individualized service and program plans.
- Maintain the budget for the Life Guidance Program.
- Support and actively participate in the program's census building initiatives.
- Facilitate a pro-active problem solving approach to challenging resident behaviors.
- Develop and implement the monthly calendar based on the eight Dimensions of Engagement.
- Support the management of information to ensure timely and accurate information is available.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
- Maintain a supportive relationship with internal and external customers.
- Support hospitality, leasing, and sales processes with promotion of a positive image of Atria.
- (Clinical Related Matters) - Partner with the Resident Service Director in maintaining active community and professional ties with clinical and non-clinical contacts.
- (Clinical Related Matters) - Partner with the Resident Service Director in acting as a contact for issues related to resident care within the community.
- (Non-Clinical Related Matters) - Maintain active community and professional ties.
- Partner with and otherwise assist the Resident Services Director in supervising, developing, and scheduling the staff according to Atria's policies, procedures and standards.
- Partner with and otherwise assist the Resident Services Director in establishing and maintaining a medication system which adheres to state, federal and company laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Work together with the Resident Services Director in scheduling and supervising staff; available to cover staffing when needed.
- Work together with the Resident Services Director in providing training and orientation to new assisted living staff members and ongoing training to current staff members.
- Deliver and attend required training for self and employees.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- A degree in a related (social services, behavioral health, therapeutic recreation, nursing) field preferred.
- Two to four years experience in caring for people with dementia and in developing and facilitating activity programs, preferably as a manager with a specialized dementia program.
- Knowledgeable about the disease process, the changes associated with dementia illnesses, how they affect the individual's ability to function, and the adaptive strategies that help maintain a resident's abilities.
- Ability to facilitate family and caregiver support programs.
- Able to perform budget analysis, review and control.
- Experienced with staff supervision
- Must have or be willing to get a COVID-19 vaccine, subject to legal requirements.
Memory Care Director, Life Guidance Director, Alzheimer Care Director, Reminiscence Director, Memory loss, Memory Enhancement, Life Enrichment, Therapeutic Recreation, Alzheimer Program Director, Director of Memory Care, Director of Life Engagement, Memory Care Director, Memory Support, Memory Care Services, Alzheimers, Dementia, Gerontology, Gerontologist, Quality, Care plans, Employees, Program(s), Geriatric, Nurse, Residents